We love having Chris as a part of our community. Since he's been here he;
- Has Integrated himself into our community quickly
- Tidies up other people's equipment at the beginning and end of class
- Has come on leaps and bounds since he started
- Has a strong accent
- Is a quiet joker
I caught up with Chris earlier.
1) What do you love about Crossfit, and how does it help you in your day to day life?
I love the constant challenge and learning new skills and movements. I always look forward to training after work - it's always fun and we have a laugh. Day to day this has a big impact on my life. Whether I've had a good or bad day CrossFit is a great stress relief and I feel a sense of accomplishment after finishing the WOD.
2) What's your favourite workout?
I always enjoy doing clean and jerks, in any combination. I think I've progressed quite quickly in this movement and it feels great to approach the weight, get under it and then move it overhead. I also enjoy WODs on a Thursday which tends to be more cardio-based - I always perform well on them.
3) What 3 things would you say are TOWIC's biggest plus points?
1. It's great to train with other people who are supportive and good fun. That's what sets TOWIC apart from any other gym or sports club I've been a part of - there's a sense of community inside and outside the box.
2. Everyone gets individual coaching and help throughout the workouts.
3. Everyone is excited to workout and put the effort in - this shows particularly during Saturday's partner WODs.
4) How has being a part of our community had a positive effect on you?
I moved to London two and a half years ago and while I've got several friends from uni and a brother here, meeting new people at TOWIC has had a really positive impact on me.
5) What's your favourite treat meal?
Steak, chips and egg.
6) What would you say to anyone new trying out TOWIC for the first time?
A few pieces of advice:
-Throw yourself in head first, don't say you can't. Failing a lift or movement is never frowned upon and everyone is there to help you progress
- Buy some good quality socks because you'll work through them quickly
- Don't workout near me because I sweat a huge amount.